“It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.” -Galatians 5:1
The closing on our new property happened on 7/9/18. We thank God for His blessing and look forward to what He will do through our new campus.
The FreedomWorks program focuses on creating a safe and encouraging living environment that guides men into new relationships, positive support systems, and a Christ-centered community. We provide resources for career development, employment, and personal improvement. The FreedomWorks participants are involved in recovery groups, Bible studies, mentoring relationship, community fellowship, and service opportunities. Our primary aim is to develop positive members of society, healthy relationships with family, friends, co-workers and employers, and the life skills and disciplines that foster a full and free life in Christ.
To free men from the curse of crime and guide them to a satisfying life walking with God
Our Mission Statement:
A Christian community providing housing and a pathway to meaningful employment, trusting God to transform the lives of former prisoners through Bible study, personal accountability, service, and fellowship.
Our Mission Is To:
- Reduce the rate of recidivism in Minnesota (defined here as re-convicted of a felony and returned to prison) by providing practical support to men and women released from prison or rehab treatment programs.
- Meet the needs of former offenders for housing, employment, individual and family counselling, spiritual and vocational guidance, job coaching, food, clothing and transportation for program participants.
- Provide former offenders with quality training and resources that educate, equip and offer access to adult support from the community at large for each individual program participant and their families.
- Provide former offenders with service opportunities.
Goal Statement: Reconciled for Life
The goal of FreedomWorks is to equip men with the tools needed to provide life-long aftercare that transforms violent predators into courageous peacemakers, hardcore criminals into upstanding citizens, and absent fathers into loving dads. This goal is based on the following principles:
- Honesty: the ability to know when you’re off-track
- Humility: reaching out and asking for help
- Confession: speaking the truth out loud
- Reconciliation: making things right
- Gratitude: giving back
Join us for our upcoming THURSDAY NIGHT CONNECTION
We are now meeting at the new FreedomWorks Campus
The Connection is a gateway for those interested in the FreedomWorks ministry and mission. It is a night that many mentors, volunteers, and residents come together for sharing a meal, being equipped and building new relationships.