Director of Finance & Administration
|Job Title:||Director of Finance & Administration||FLSA Status:||Exempt|
|Department:||Finance||Reports To:||Executive Director|
|Workdays:||M-F||Work Hours:||40 Hours / Salaried|
|Pay Rate:||$65,000-82,000 depending upon experience||
|Paid time off; Participation in SIMPLE IRA Plan|
Organization: FreedomWorks is a Christian community that provides programming and a pathway to meaningful employment. We trust God to transform the lives of former prisoners through Bible study, personal accountability, service, and fellowship. FreedomWorks mission is to:
- To reduce the rate of recidivism in Minnesota by providing practical support: (housing, employment, individual and family counseling, spiritual and vocational guidance, job coaching, food, clothing and transportation), to former offenders released from prison or rehab treatment programs.
- To provide former offenders with quality training and resources that educate, equip and offer access to adult support from the community at large.
- To provide former offenders with service opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Management – Leading and directing all accounting, auditing, budgeting, banking, financial policies and
- Business Management – Overseeing campus leases, purchasing, policies, procedures, and financial reporting operations
- Human Resources – Lead the organization in implementing solid processes for hiring and retaining employees
- Contribution Management-Oversee use of contributions and grants, and related recording and reporting.
- Compliance Reporting-Oversees data gathering, and reporting related to grants, contributions and program requirements.
- Information Technology – Guide the implementation of solutions and upgrades to give our staff and clients a technological environment in which they may thrive
- Supervisory Responsibility- A growing staff involved in accounting, payroll processing, human resource management, contribution management, program compliance reporting and information technology management.
- Has placed his faith in Jesus and accepted Christ as his personal Savior. Believes that individuals can be reconciled and restored to God, their families and their communities without prejudice.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- At least eight years of increasing responsibility in a financial related field.
- Knowledge and experience in preparing financial statements according to generally accepted accounting principles
- Human Resources experience.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Strong aptitude to learn new software quickly.
- Must complete VA (Vulnerable Adult) mandated reporter training in orientation.
- Must complete DHS (Department of Human Services) orientation training once provided.
- Must pass DHS Background check
- One year’s experience working with the target population or experience as a certified peer specialist (must have certificate and proof of ongoing training).