Director of Finance
Position: Director, Finance & Administration
Organization: FreedomWorks is a Christian community providing housing and a pathway to meaningful employment, trusting God to transform the lives of former prisoners through Bible study, personal accountability, service, and fellowship. FreedomWorks mission is to:
- To reduce the rate of recidivism in Minnesota by providing practical support to former offenders released from prison or rehab treatment programs.
- To meet the needs of former offenders for housing, employment, individual and family counseling, spiritual and vocational guidance, job coaching, food, clothing and transportation.
- To provide former offenders with quality training and resources that educate, equip and offer access to adult support from the community at large.
- To provide former offenders with service opportunities.
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervisory Responsibility: A growing staff of, Accountant (PT), Bookkeeper (2 PT), Donation Management (PT), Administration
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in accounting. At least five years of increasing responsibility in a financial related field. Knowledge and experience in preparing financial statements according to generally accepted accounting principles. Human Resources requirements: Maintaining employee standards, policies and record keeping, standardizing employment practices, assuring the process to acquire and attract competency in filling current and future positions. Have a strong aptitude to learn new software (s) quickly.
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000, Negotiable Depending on Qualifications
Benefits: Paid time off
- Financial Management – Leading and directing all accounting, auditing, budgeting, banking, financial policies and
- Business Management – Overseeing campus leases, purchasing, policies, procedures, and financial reporting operations
- Human Resources – Lead the organization in implementing solid processes for hiring and retaining employees
- Hiring, training and leading skilled staff
Additional Qualifications are a plus:
- Information Technology – guide the implementation of solutions and upgrades to give our staff and clients a technological environment in which they may thrive
- Facilities Management – Provide leadership in the maintenance and upgrading of our campus to a level that continues to honor our clients and employees
- Experience in the non-profit sector, and working with grant writing teams