God and Man
- We believe in the one Triune God . . . Father, Son and Holy Spirit . . . undivided in essence. God created man in His own image, but man, through sin, has become estranged and separated from God and, without faith in Jesus Christ, is eternally lost.
- We believe Jesus to be the Christ who is both fully God and fully man, who died a substitutionary atoning death on the cross, rose bodily from the dead and sits at the right hand of the Father as mediator between God and man. All who repent of their sins and believe on Him shall be saved by grace through faith in Christ alone. Jesus will visibly return in glory to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to completion.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells and sanctifies all those who by faith receive Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
- We believe that the sixty-six books of the Bible are verbally inspired by God and wholly without error in all that they declare and are the supreme and final authority for all of faith and life. Believers are to devote themselves to prayer and daily study of the Bible and through the Holy Spirit, allow its transforming power to nurture them into Christ-like maturity.
- We believe that in Christ believers can be reconciled and restored to God, their families and their communities regardless of race, economic status, age or background, and that they are to act justly, proclaim the Gospel and make disciples among all people.
- We believe that the Christian is not his own but bought with a price and created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared in advance for him to do. Faith alone is the condition of salvation, but good works and righteous living should accompany such faith and furnish evidence of its existence.