1- If you have not done so, please carefully read through our Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, and Goal Statement below.
Goal Statement: Reconciled for Life
The goal of FreedomWorks is to equip men with the tools needed to provide life-long aftercare that transforms violent predators into courageous peacemakers, hardcore criminals into upstanding citizens, and absent fathers into loving dads. Based upon the following principles:
- Honesty: the ability to know when you’re off-track
- Humility: reaching out and asking for help
- Confession: speaking the truth out loud
- Reconciliation: making things right
- Gratitude: giving back
The FreedomWorks program focuses on creating a safe and encouraging living environment that guides men into new relationships, positive support systems and Christ-centered studies. We provide resources for career development and housing stability.
Our program complements 12-step recovery meetings and encourages new relationships through fellowship. We engage residents, mentors and volunteers in service opportunities, like food drives and local church services. Each program requirement aims to foster disciplines that sustain an abundant life in Christ.
FreedomWorks Vision: To free men from the curse of crime and guide them to a satisfying life walking with God
Mission Statement: A Christian community providing housing and meaningful employment, trusting God to transform prisoners’ lives through Bible study, personal accountability, service and fellowship.
- To reduce the rate of recidivism in Minnesota (defined here as re-convicted of a felony and returned to prison) by providing practical support to men and women released from prison or rehab treatment programs.
- To meet the needs of former offenders for housing, employment, individual and family counseling, spiritual and vocational guidance, job coaching, food, clothing and transportation for program participants.
- To provide for former offenders quality training and resources that educate, equip and offer access to adult support from the community at large for each individual program participant and their families.
- To provide former offenders with service opportunities.
God and Man
- We believe in the one Triune God . . . Father, Son and Holy Spirit . . . undivided in essence. God created man in His own image, but man, through sin, has become estranged and separated from God and, without faith in Jesus Christ, is eternally lost.
- We believe Jesus to be the Christ who is both fully God and fully man, who died a substitutionary atoning death on the cross, rose bodily from the dead and sits at the right hand of the Father as mediator between God and man. All who repent of their sins and believe on Him shall be saved by grace through faith in Christ alone. Jesus will visibly return in glory to raise the dead and bring salvation and judgment to completion.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit regenerates, indwells and sanctifies all those who by faith receive Jesus Christ as both Savior and Lord.
- We believe that the sixty-six books of the Bible are verbally inspired by God and wholly without error in all that they declare and are the supreme and final authority for all of faith and life. Believers are to devote themselves to prayer and daily study of the Bible and through the Holy Spirit, allow its transforming power to nurture them into Christ-like maturity.
- We believe that in Christ believers can be reconciled and restored to God, their families and their communities regardless of race, economic status, age or background, and that they are to act justly, proclaim the Gospel and make disciples among all people.
- We believe that the Christian is not his own but bought with a price and created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has prepared in advance for him to do. Faith alone is the condition of salvation, but good works and righteous living should accompany such faith and furnish evidence of its existence.
2- Please download, print, initial/sign and either mail, email or fax back these documents to us.
Minneapolis MN, 55411